Notifications
Clear all

Changing US citizen Status to national

12 Posts
4 Users
6 Reactions
Topic starter
(@battlcat)

I was born in another country and brought to America, and then Sworn in as a citizen when I turned 18 years of age. 

how to I change my status if I was born in  another country. Are there different steps that would apply to me ? 

11 Replies
Guide at Educated in Law
(@adminu)

I think the process is similar to someone born on the land of one of the states. I would write to the same people, but would change the declaration slightly. I would write to the Dept of State explaining that there was a misunderstanding, and I traveled here to be a national of _______________ (specify the state), and not a territorial federal citizen like the people of Puerto Rico. 

I would also send a letter to the Sec of State of my nation-state (one of the 50 states). Be sure to always cite the year the original state was formed, and not the year of the "State of ______" federal or corporate entity. Sometimes there is a constitution for the state and a constitution of the State of ________; cite the first. 

I've been writing about this topic for years and only recently and finally sent my declaration to U.S. Dept of State. Better late than never! 

Connected with this, I would not say I'm a 'resident'. I would say I'm a state national and domiciled on that state. A resident is someone who works for the federal government. FBI has Resident Agencies. I've written about it. 

Lastly, get comfortable with calling thyself one of these.

4 Replies
(@irvsmithde)

@adminu 

It's written out under SoS

Travel State gov

Go to the bottom under

Section 302 of Public Law 94 - 241:

Reads 
"become a national but not a citizen of the United States by making a declaration under oath before any court established by the Constitution or laws of the United States or any other court of record in the Commonwealth in the form as follows " I _____ being duly sworn, hereby declare my intention to be a national but not a citizen of the United States."

I did it in a form of an affidavit sent to SoS
Per Roger Sayles method. That's the Golden snitch ladies and gentlemen!
(@battlcat)

@irvsmithde 

thank you I found this is be very helpful and exactly what I needed. 

(@ryan-thomas)

@adminu I'd like to follow up on this with a slightly different, albeit adjacent, situation.

First and foremost, i just discovered your website today. What a blessing! Thank you for all the information and for not charging an arm and leg for access to it.

My question/situation is: i'm an Ohioan although i've not yet written/sent any communications to anyone about anything. i'm also recently engaged to a Canadian, who still lives/domiciles there. She wants to move to the nation state of Ohio and enjoy a wonderful, prosperous life here with me, but we don't want to go through the legal process of visas, citizenship and the marriage license. i've been looking for an effective way to go about this, came across this thread and thought maybe we could do something similar. Any thoughts?

(@battlcat)

@adminu thank you this is very helpful. 

im going to continue to study, get a better handle on what I’m doing before I write my affidavits unsworn. To better communicate any understanding as well as being able to defend it. 

the steps I’m looking to take are filing my UCC statement, claiming back my LLC name and distinguishing my true self from it and then to change to being a non-citizen national. In that order. 

I am open to any insights and recommendations thou may have 

(@ryan-thomas)

I replied to this topic earlier, but now my post isn't showing? Can anyone else see it?

Guide at Educated in Law
(@adminu)

I see thy post made today, about being an Ohioan, but I don't see any earlier post in this thread. 

Guide at Educated in Law
(@adminu)

Ryan - I have not reviewed the naturalization process, if that's the correct state-national way to say it. I would go through the normal process but:

• always answer as a flesh-and-blood man or woman and
  • always request nationality of Ohioan.

Supposedly U.S. Dept of State used to offer both state nationality and federal nationality. Eventually they only explicitly offered federal nationality.

I would: 

• Edit their forms. Cross out anything related to federal citizen-ship, and write in terms appropriate for state nationality. The goal is to be a national of Ohio, not a citizen of United States or citizen of anything. I used to be afraid of editing their forms, but now I realize it's essential. They use the forms to dupe us and trap us. 
  • Attach a affidavit autographed under penalty of perjury and with the declaration number one of 28 USC 1746.
  • When autographing their form, add in "Without prejudice" and "Only valid with attached affidavit."

The state national route is there. One must request it. Don't take no for an answer. Don't provide zip codes, two-letter state combinations. 

Strike the words 'permanent address' and write in 'Domicile'. Thou wants to be domiciled on/within Ohio. Not a resident of anywhere. Resident means resident alien.  

3 Replies
(@ryan-thomas)

@adminu Thank you for the insight! Do you believe this would work for my Canadian fiancée? I wasn't clear on that.

Guide at Educated in Law
(@adminu)

@ryan-thomas Yes, I think this path is available for anyone. They will use 10+ ways to direct thy fiancé aboard the federal citizen-ship. She must state clearly that she wants the nationality of Ohioan. Must bring the federal style guide listing these 50 nationalities.  

But whether it works immediately is another story. I requested a portpass/passport and explicitly said I'm not a U.S. Citizen but that I'm ___________ (my state). The DC agency called the fraud officer. They have not given me a portpass/passport yet, but I have not really known what to do next. I haven't heard from them in months. State Dept is corrupt, and after launching the Ukraine coup, I presume they will try to get away with anything. I expect my only recourse is to sue them in court, but I need to do this in an Article One court (or whichever article applies to the Judicial branch, and not the executive branch.)

Also must avoid the corporate citizen trap. When I applied for the portpass/passport, I provided my Certificate of Live Birth, which is for the baby/me. I did not provide the 2nd Birth Certificate which is for a corporation that uses the combination of my given name and last name. So, thy fiancé must provide the correct papers and support to show she is a woman, not a corporate sole or female whatever. 

One potential mistake I made with the portpass application is providing a driver's license. Well, maybe this was not a mistake, because the driver's license uses the labels "Given name" and "Last name", meaning the man, not the person. And conceivably, the man might want to work as a (commercial) driver for their corporation. I had copies of my high school yearbook with me as well, to show I've lived on the land my (nation) state for a bit.  

I would do this with letters, not office/agency visits, to the extent possible. In a live setting, they will pressure thee and deceive thee. With letters, one has time to formulate the correct response. I was duped when I went to the DC agency in a few ways. 

(@ryan-thomas)

@adminu Thanks for the insight. I also apologize for using the term 'you' in my post!

Share: